Moving mountains starts with a single rock. For Lindsey Wilson, visualizing the future she wants to create is what helps her prepare for the monumental task of getting there. A former professional basketball player and current full-time entrepreneur and mom, Wilson has relied on mindfulness work on and off the court for decades. This week, she shares tips for building a positive mindset, even in a time as uncertain as now.
For many people, it’s easy to fall into the trap of letting life happen to them and be a victim of circumstance. But it’s possible to take the wheel in your life and progress, Wilson says. By understanding that you are in control of your own thoughts, you can start to make your mind work for you. It’s a deep dive inside yourself, she says, but the journey leads to a stronger, more resilient version of yourself.
Key Moments You Don’t Want to Miss:
- Parallel Plays- How Lindsey Wilson started a business in her mid-20s while she was playing basketball professionally.
- The Strongest Will- The moment it clicked for her that the person who sets their mind to winning can succeed.
- Moving Rocks- When she began working with a hypnotist and learned to practice solving problems in the now, for the future.
- Living It Every Day- How her focus on daily intentional work leads to positive outcomes in the short- and long-term.
What You’ll Learn:
- Engage in positive self-talk
- Visualize the future you want to create
- Be proactive, rather than reactive
- Realize the control you have over your thoughts
- Practice intentionality every day
“I learned mental training at a really young age and it changed everything. It was like a lightbulb went off.” -Lindsey Wilson
“We have to create systems and processes that work with the life that we want, not just sort of let things happen to us.” -Lindsey Wilson
You can find out more about Lindsey Wilson and Positive Performance Training. There, you’ll find links to her training programs for athletes and coaches. You can also follow her on Instagram @LindseyPositivePerform. Be sure to check out her new podcast, The Inner Game, on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen.