2020 has been a hard year for people across this country. It’s been a time of change and transition. For many of us, it’s been a journey full of ups and downs. Because of that, it’s the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. There’s nothing to lose by starting a new workout, creating a podcast, or tackling a creative project. This week, podcast host and executive recruiter Ken Lubin talks about the importance of the journey and shares tips for making the most of unexpected moments in time like these.
Periods of change in life bring with them some missed opportunities. However, for every door that closes, another opens, and it’s important to be receptive to new possibilities when they come your way. While many people keep their eye on the potential outcome of their work, Lubin reminds us to pay special attention to the process we take to get there. That’s where the experiences lie, along with the potential for growth and improvement.
Key Moments You Don’t Want to Miss:
- The Journey Ken Lubin explains why he focuses on the dash between the date when you’re born and the date when you die
- A Transitional Period How he learned to still do what he loves but with a little less intensity after finishing his time as a pro athlete
- Time to Grow Why it’s important to take breaks and give yourself space to learn and change
- Nothing to Lose Why Lubin thinks 2020 is the perfect time to try something new and step out of your comfort zone
What You’ll Learn:
- Enjoy the journey
- Have fun on game day
- Refocus when things don’t go as planned
- Learn to shake off adversity
- Take chances when they present themselves
“You’re not going to be at the highest level for your entire life, so now, just enjoy the process.” -Ken Lubin
“Have the mentality that you’re a diesel engine and once you’re up to speed, you’re going to get going and go trucking through everything, but also be patient along the way.” -Ken Lubin
- You can find out more about Ken Lubin’s work and Executive Athletes online at https://www.executiveathletes.com/.
- Also be sure to listen to his Executive Athletes podcast on most streaming services.
- You can get in touch with him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on LinkedIn.