Bringing Mental Toughness to Every Obstacle
Dawn Fletcher is a long time friend of mine and owner of Fletcher Fitness & DrivenMindTraining.com. Dawn works with athletes in a number of sports mentally and physically to help them get the results they want.
She was named “1 of the Top 30 Most Influential Health Bloggers” and has been a great member of the Compete community since we first connected at the 2011 CrossFit Games.
Dawn’s story of finding her purpose in the blend of psychology and physical performance is so interesting. We talk about mental toughness from the perspective of being mentally tough as an athlete and being mentally tough every day. Dawn offers great advice for facing anything that comes your way.
- 2:24 Finding her calling helping people improve their mindsets
- 3:56 Getting interested in the psychological aspects of performance
- 4:32 Blending psychology and fitness with Crossfit and later her own business
Dawn Getting Motivated
- 6:24 Defining what mental strength is and realizing what it doesn’t mean
- 13:39 Fighting doubts by being kind to the voices in her head
- 15:35 Finding the balance between relaxing her mind and attacking fears
- 10:05 Change your perception when you face adversity. It’s not something to run away from.
- 12:04 Look at obstacles as opportunities. Ask yourself, “Why am I doing this anyway?” and learn from the obstacle.
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“The piece that people were missing and weren’t training for was their mindset.”
“Any time we come up against a challenge, it can be positive.”
“I don’t want to be controlled by the discomfort. I want to find ways to move forward despite it.”
CONNECT WITH DAWN
Did you like the show? We’d love if you could leave us a review & ratings on iTunes!