Sharpen Your Wintality
We’re welcoming in Baylor Barbee to Better Than Yesterday. Baylor is a successful motivational speaker, author, and tri-athlete. He’s the world’s biggest triathlete and his goals for 2017 are going to blow you away.
His book Wintality teaches the keys to unlocking the success in your DNA. In this conversation, we go into the ‘wintality’ mindset and how you can use that to win in your own life.
Baylor’s story of playing football at Baylor to becoming a triathlete is one full of inspiration. The actions he took to transform his life into one that’s more positive and motivating to others are actions that we can all take.
- 2:33 Playing football his entire life to not doing anything
- 3:28 Looking for something fun to do to get in shape and finding triathlons
- 10:38 Making a conscious decision to be a positive person
Baylor Getting Motivated
- 7:10 Focusing forward to keep moving forward through tough challenges
- 8:49 Finding the discipline to do things he doesn’t like to enjoy things more
- 14:00 Reminding himself that he’s getting to do what he loves to do
- 16:30 Getting inspiration for Wintality by studying lions
- 19:10 The later you do anything in the day, the smaller the chance of getting it done.
- 24:32 If you really want to be something, don’t wait until a designated day like New Year’s to do it.
- 26:31 Keep track of everything. If you say you want to get better, act and analyze your progress.
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“How blessed am I that the worst thing I’m going through my life right now is figuring out how to race people on the streets?”
“I am professional mistake maker. I make mistakes, but if I can pass them along, they’re speaking points and not mistakes.”
“Inside each and every one of us is the DNA of success.”
CONNECT WITH Baylor
Did you like the show? We’d love if you could leave us a review & ratings on iTunes!