Competitors SHINE when the stakes are highest.
Jake shares what it means to be “clutch” in high-pressure situations and how leaders train themselves to perform at their best when the pressure is highest.
- The three keys to prepare for your high-pressure moment
- What five things you have 100% control of – and need to do in every big moment.
- Why pressure is actually a privilege
- How you can train yourself to perform at your best under pressure.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast episode: How to Build Your Positive Self Talk
When You Prepare:
- Get quality repetitions in
- Practice visualization
- Build your positive self-talk
When You Perform:
- Control your breathing
- Trust your preparation
- Be your own cheerleader – talk to yourself!
- View the moment as an opportunity to thrive – it’s a privilege
- Act as if you’ve been there