The Long Game
James Fitzgerald is the Founder of OPEX and The International Center For Fitness. When not coaching, he’s a full time husband, father and fitness athlete. He was crowned the “Fittest on Earth” when he won the CrossFit Games in 2007.
His 20+ years of experience and service as a strength coach/technician, tireless practice on refining energy system work, nutritional and lifestyle balancing techniques and training of other coaches has made OPEX a sought after method of bringing fitness to a Higher Order.
We talk about enjoying the process when the goal is down the road, his philosophy for coaching, and what the winner of the 2007 CrossFit Games does to be better than yesterday.
- 1:30 Growing up as a young athlete and learning the need for development
- 2:30 Living in Arizona with his family and successful business
- 3:30 Gaining business mentors that changed his perspective about the long game
James Getting Motivated
- 6:00 Maintaining focus on a long-term goal with smart processes
- 12:00 Developing the mindset of a coach with strong relationships
- 17:00 Creating an open space for learning and growing
- 15:00 Authenticity and openness is the key to any relationship
- 22:00 Give yourself reminders and markers of where things are in your life
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“At a certain point in your life, things come in front of you that you grasp onto.”
“The measure of a person is how they deal with adversity on that path.”
“Screw it up, don’t judge it, but learn from it.”
CONNECT WITH JAMES
Did you like the show? We’d love if you could leave us a review & ratings on iTunes!