The way to success is focus and consistency. You have to put in the work, day in and day out, with clear goals in mind. That’s a lesson from this week’s guest, author, entrepreneur, and Crossfit champ Jason Khalipa. He shares his story of growing a company and becoming one of the fittest men in the world. After his daughter was diagnosed with leukemia, Khalipa had to re-center himself and his goals and learn to slow down and truly appreciate being focused in the moment.
Being in the moment means concentrating your effort on whatever you are doing. When you find yourself with your feet in too many places at once, you can lose your grounding. By making sure you go all in on one task at a time — even just for 10 minutes a day — you can do that task to the best of your ability and build routines that will last over time. It often means giving up control and learning to delegate responsibilities to others on your team. But by doing that, you also give them the chance to build their own skills and flourish. It’s a win-win.
Key Moments You Don’t Want to Miss:
- Parallel Focus How Jason Khalipa simultaneously grew a business and became a Crossfit champion
- Building a Growth Mindset How he developed trust within his company and learned to delegate
- Being Here, Now When his daughter’s illness showed him the importance of focus and prioritizing what matters most
- Finding the AMRAP Way How he translated skills from sports to life and wrote his first book
What You’ll Learn:
- Recognize other people’s strengths and use them
- Set expectations in line with goals
- Stay focused in the moment
- Build consistency and routine
- Remember to slow down when you need to
“If you don’t trust people, if you don’t delegate, if you don’t relinquish control, you can’t continue to grow. You’re always going to be limited by your bandwidth.” -Jason Khalipa
“There’s no one pushing you; there’s no one right behind your back. You’re responsible for your day. You’re responsible for getting the most productivity. You’re responsible, ultimately, for reaching your own potential.” -Jason Khalipa
“It’s always OK to pivot and shift directions toward the things that are helping you get to where you ultimately want to be in life.” -Jake Thompson
You can find out more about Jason Khalipa and his work on his website, https://www.jasonkhalipa.com/, follow him on Instagram @JasonKhalipa, and find his Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/jasonkhalipa. Find out more about Khalipa’s company, NCFIT, online at https://nc.fit/. Be sure to check out his book: As Many Reps As Possible: Succeeding in Competition, Business, and Life By Making the Most of Every Single Minute.