Don’t fall for the movie trailers.
I love movies. I love actually going to the movies. The fresh popcorn, the brand-new trailers, and the fact that I can just escape for two hours.
But you know the one thing about movie trailers that gets me – the actual trailer. It always gets me to the movie. And think about it, how many bad movie trailers have you seen? Probably none. Maybe one in your lifetime?
For the most part, the movie trailers are great. And then you go to the movie, and the movie sucks. Now, how does that relate to you today? I dive into the trap of “movie trailers” and how we can bypass the trap in our lives.
- 1:40 What thoughts go through your head as you scroll through social media?
- 3:45 Say out loud what emotions you feel when you look at social posts.
- 5:30 Tell your audience what you’ve done to get where you are today.
- 2:30 Why you can’t trust social media’s movie trailers.
- 4:45 There’s no overnight success, don’t forget that!
- 6:20 Movie trailers don’t change lives, movies do.
- 3:28 You can’t compare your movie to someone else’s movie trailer.
- 5:00 Be authentic in your own journey, so your life doesn’t become a movie trailer.
- 7:50 Don’t get caught in a movie trailer assuming it’s the movie and share your story.
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“Our social media feed is essentially a reel of movie trailers.”
“What do you wish people knew about your journey?”
“We’re inspired because we see the entire journey.”
Did you like the show? We’d love if you could leave us a review & ratings on iTunes!